Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Am Humble...but We Still Have Bragging Rights

BYU Cougars win the bragging rights for the next year by downing the Utes 17-10. My life is so much easier at work when we win.

We take a lot of guff for doing the haka...some will complain that the haka is an sacred Aotearoan (New Zealand) Maori rite.

...why then does the New Zealand's All Blacks rugby team do it at each match and for an Adidas commercial, nonetheless?





Ka Mate
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tenei te tangata puhuru huru
Nana nei i tiki mai
Whakawhiti te ra
A, upa ... ne! ka upa ... nie!
A upane, ka upane ... whiti te ra!
Hi!

English translation
I die! I die! I live! I live!
I die! I die! I live! I live!
This is the hairy man
Who fetched the Sun
And caused it to shine again
One upward step! Another upward step!
An upward step, another
... the Sun shines

No comments: